To get married in Florida, you need to do the following:
- Go together to the nearest Clerk of the Circuit Court office to obtain a marriage license.
- Marriage licenses are good for 60 days.
- The standard fee is $93.50, which can typically be paid with cash, charge or personal check.
- Florida residents must wait three days to get a license. However residents who can provide documentation showing they completed a state-approved marriage preparation course within the year don’t have to wait the three days. (The pastors at Celebration use the “Pre-Marriage Awareness Inventory” with topics including conflict management, financial and parenting responsibilities.)
- As a bonus, residents who take the course get a reduction of $32.50 off the license fee.
- It’s not necessary for residents to obtain licenses from their home county.
- As soon as a Florida license is obtained, a wedding ceremony can be performed anywhere in the state of Florida.
- To obtain a marriage license, U.S citizens must provide their social security numbers and photo identification, such as driver’s licenses. International visitors must bring passports, or naturalization or immigration numbers.
- People who have been married previously must provide the date of divorce, annulment or spouse’s death.
- With a few exceptions, both the bride and groom are required to be 18.
- Florida doesn’t require blood tests or medical exams.
- Contact the local clerk of the circuit court for further information.
- Also, at Celebration we can provide wonderful music and photography - video services. You can call the church office at 239-649-1588.
Weddings - $250
[Honorariums for out-of-town weddings are subject to negotiation]
Wedding with pre-marital counseling - $200
[Honorariums for out-of-town pre-marital counseling are subject to negotiation]
Contact Information for our pastors:
Pastor Gene Scott - (239) 777-4749
Pastor Lana Hope - (239) 450-3173
Pastor Gordie Mefford - (239) 450-3176
A Naples wedding at the beach is a dream come true!